We help enthusiastic amateur photographers
to be inspired and become better
You are a passionate photographer and would love to spend more time on your photography?
You would love to be part of a community and get inspired to advance your passion?
Join us at the SummerAcademy for photography on an historic winery in northern Italy’s South Tyrol*!
In 4 action packed days filled with unforgettable photography experiences and high end instructors you give yourself and your photography a motivational boost.
*(3 hours south of Munich)
Behind The Scenes at the SummerAcademy for Photography in South Tyrol.
Video editing by Heike Rost Photographie – with photos of © Karin Pizzinini © Heike Rost © Rüdiger Schrader © Hermann Will
What people say about the SummerAcademy
“The SummerAcademy for Photography is a wonderful cocktail mix of all kinds of photographic experiences in a magnificent location. You can chose your workshops daily and it feels easy to learn due to the family atmosphere.” (Petra Haidn)
“As a recurrent participant I can say that the SummerAcademy has continuously evolved (in the right direction) and every time I look forward to being part of it again. New topics and new top instructors enrich the program. You meet old friends (returning participants) and make new ones. The location at the historic winery of Alois Lageder in Northern Italy’s South Tyrol is just perfect for this event.” (Peter Lutz)
“Besides all the beautiful pictures I created, I leave the event filled with insightful conversations and new perspectives.” (Anneliese Breitner)
„The SummerAcademy offers valuable suggestions and feedback far flung from the usual technical discussions. “ (Michael von Bergner)
„I experienced SummerAcademy as a very welcoming community.” (Anneliese Breitner)
„Within 4 days you get a variety of impulses on a very high, creative and also technical level.” (Volker Bellersheim)
„The location is unique. Combined with a relaxed atmosphere and high quality of the instructors and participants you have a great experience.” (Georg Dresel)
„This was the best event I have been to in the past 20 years. “ (Christian Börner)
What is the SummerAcademy for Photography?
Transform Your Photography
TIME FOR YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY
The SummerAcademy for Photography is an experience for ambitious photography enthusiasts where you learn together with high end professional photographers in an inspiring and exciting environment.
In Northern Italy’s wonderful region of South Tyrol the event takes place on an historic winery that includes a 13th century Italian palazzo – which we use for all our photography workshops.
As a passionate photographer you get all the support and guidance of the instructors who share their knowledge and life long experiences as professional photographers. Get inspired, improve your way of seeing, be creative, listen and participate in interesting discussions, discuss your pictures and get feedback.
You can try all kinds of different photographic genres offered in those intensive days, such as black&white photography, portrait and people photography, documentary, car and still-life photography, how to work with a model, how to improvise if a planned-out photoshoot is not working out as planned
Suitable for advanced photographers. You should know how to use your camera.
Pictures by the participants from the workshops at the SummerAcademy
Why you should be part of the SummerAcademy:
Experiences not things enrich people
- The SummerAcademy for photography is a true experience. You give yourself the gift of time to dive into photography and will be rewarded with creative results and improved skills along with making new friends.
- We confront you with professional and goal oriented tools in an inspiring environment of an historic Italian winery. We help you to bridge the gap between picture ideas in your head and professional image results.
- You expand your perspectives and way of thinking, improving your photography as well as your problem solving skills and creative thinking ability.
- The results of your improvement will manifest itself in your pictures that you can even take home as fine art print outs.
Holistic Thinking. Unified Team.
- At the SummerAcademy we provide you with the entire process of photography – visual thinking, practicing various photographic themes, feedback sessions and critique as well as photo editing, printing of the workshop results and discussions about photography.
- You learn with professionals who like to share their experience and knowledge. Amateur and professional photographers can exchange with like-minded peers, excellent instructors and editors in a variety of photo workshops, discussions, feedback sessions and evening talks.
A Magical Place
- The family wine estate Alois Lageder in Margreid is located at the end of the wine road („Weinstrasse“) in Northern Italy’s South Tyrol region, about 25 Minutes outside the city of Bolzano. Some of the buildings date back to the 13th century. They have only been gently renovated, to keep the original patina and its unique charm.
- The programs of the SummerAcademy use the historic palazzo, the patio and the granary. They are perfect subjects for photographic work. At the same time the wine estate does not only stand for medieval and rural architecture, but also for high quality wine making. Modern designed industry buildings are a strong contrast to the historic part of the estate and also a great photo opportunity. The landscape is just stunning and provides us with wine and tasty food.
The Program encompasses
- Daily workshops on different themes with high-end professional photographers as instructors. You choose your workshop.
- Presentations and discussions to inspire thinking about photography, photo editing and how we deal with photography
- Daily feedback sessions with picture discussions. Train your eyes. Discussing results oft he daily workshops – straightforward and ingenuous.
- Portfolio Reviews, individually or in a small group with professional photographers or photo editors. How can I improve? Accept critique. Think out of the box. Challenge the status quo.
- At the SummerAcademy we have the famous galery of pictures on the clothes line…..Every day selected images from the workshops will be printed by professional fine art printer and FineArtPrinter magazine publisher Hermann Will. The clothes line with photographs has become the go-to place to look at results and discuss pictures with your peers.
- Wine tasting and tour of the winery.
- Lunch and dinner: We enjoy fantastic food from the winery bistro made with fresh, seasonal and locally sourced ingredients.
- If your partner/spouse accompanies you, we can provide you with ides for enjoying the nature, culture and sport activities in the region.
- Final Gala Dinner with a 3 course menu and wine; a picture show showcasing the results of the workshops and behind the scenes of the past days, moderated by a top picture editor.
The SummerAcademy program is all in German. (Though everybody at the event can speak English).
One last step…
Secure your spot and tell other photography enthusiasts about us!
Join us from August 24 – 28, 2022!
All workshops and the event programs are in GERMAN.
One workshop (by John McDermott, and it takes place daily with different topics) is in English.
Here is a summary of what is included in the package:
- Daily choice of different workshops
- Learning from several high-end professional photographers
- Model fee
- Access to all the rooms, courtyard and cellars of the 13th century Italian palazzo for your photo workshops and photographic experiences
- Feedback about your pictures
- Portfolio review
- Welcome party (Prosecco, wine and local food)
- Guided Tour through the estate, including wine tasting
- Lunch and dinner (in the estate)
- Coffee and water (in the workshop)
- Final dinner (three course menu, wine)
- Shuttle service if needed (between your hotel and Lageder estate)
- High quality prints of a selection of your favorite pictures in large format
- Inspiration, Inspiration and more Inspiration
- Interaction with peer photographers and professionals in the photo scene
The whole package for the price of EURO 2.600,-
If your spouse/partner would like to join the meet&greet, lunches, dinners, and final dinner party there will be a fee. Please let me know if that is of any interest to you and I will let you know the pricing. (Email claudia @ if-academy.net)
NOT included in the price is:
– Hotel / Lodging
– travel cost
– alcoholic beverages at lunch
We blocked all the rooms at the nearby Hotel Parkhotel Margreid. This is within walking distance to the event location Alois Lageder. In towns nearby (5-10 minutes car drive) are more hotels to chose from. We can help with hotel arrangements – please contact us. Claudia @ if-academy.net
HOW TO GET HERE
The event location is the historic winery of Alois Lageder in Magré sulla strada del vino, 25 minutes south of Bolzano, the capital of the South Tyrol region.
Nearest airports are Verona (1 hour by train/car from Magre) and Venice (2 hours from Magre) or Munich (3 hours from Bolzano). Contact us for info and advice on your travel possibilities.
SummerAcademy 24 - 28 August 2022
If you like to register for the SummerAcademy – Please send an email to: Claudia @ if-academy.net
We will send you all the necessary information and answer your questions.
Upon registration 50% of the total fee will be due. The balance will be due in July.
After your registration you will receive an invoice (via email) from us that will indicate the payment information. With the deposit (50% of the total fee) on our account your registration is confirmed.
You can pay by wire transfer.
The bank information will be sent to you upon registration.
With the registration the participant accepts the General Terms and Conditions.
Terms of Cancellation
If you need to cancel your participation at the IF/SummerAcademy you have to submit a written cancellation note by E-mail to claudia @ if-academy.net.
In case of cancellation we will refund as following:
- If cancelled before June 30: full refund
- If cancelled after July 1st and before August 1st: 50% of the total fee will be refunded.
- If cancelled after August 1st: no refund. Full payment.
- If no-show you have to pay in full, no refund.
If you encounter any problems or have questions, please contact us at Claudia @ if-academy.net